Purpose of the Program
The SCTA / BNI Scholarship Program seeks to assist dedicated students who show aptitude and or interest in pursuing studies in vehicle engineering or other field that is related to or supportive of Landspeed Racing. Scholarships will be awarded in increments of $1000, to assist candidates in furthering his/her education at an accredited degree - granting institution.
Any individual may apply for the scholarship, providing that his/her area of study is pursuant with some facet of Landspeed Racing, i.e.: engineering, math, alternative energy, business management or any other field that can be related to support Land Speed Racing activities. Applicants must also be recommended by an affiliated member of the Landspeed Racing community.
A completed application must be received at the SCTA Office at P.O. Box 10, Orosi, CA 93647 by September 14, 2013. Along with the application, students must provide:
• High School or College transcripts for the last two years.
• Three letters of recommendation. One must be from a teacher on school letterhead.
• Sponsorship / Recommendation from an affiliated member of the Landspeed Racing Community.
• A list of community involvement. The record should include a description of activities in which the applicant has been involved with references.
• A letter of acceptance or proof of registration from an established / accredited school, trade or technical institution, college, or university starting the fall semester of the 2012 academic year.
• A grade point average of at least 2.75 for the last two years.
Judging Recipients will be determined by December 3, 2013. The winners will be informed via postal mail and will be formally announced in SCTA publications and at the SCTA Awards Banquet in January 2014.
Scholarship Winners - 2012
We are so proud and pleased to announce our 2011 Scholarship Awards recipients. These young students will be an asset to our sport of Land Speed Racing.
Brian Hays - Business Administration, Santa Monica CA
Gunnar Salazar - Bio /AG Engineering, Nipomo CA
Jourdin Kugel - Surgical Technology, Fullerton CA
Kaci Pflum - Juris Doctorate, Syracuse NY
Nicole Dincau - English Major, Quartz Hill CA
Rob Zomber - Industrial Design, Sacremento CA
Amanda Ferguson - Audiology, Gilbert AZ
David Angle - Mechanical Engineering, Pocatello ID
Jonell Strain - Nursing, Burbank CA
Additionally, BNI provided $500 each to the two Wendover high schools. The individual schools determined who was to receive these awards. West Wendover, NV awarded it to their top two honor students. Wendover, UT gave them to the Valedictorian and the Salutarian.
We look forward to another successful group of applicants for 2013. Applications are available online here.
SCTA/BNI Scholarship Committtee