Purpose of the Program
The SCTA / BNI Scholarship Program seeks to assist dedicated students who show aptitude and/or interest in pursuing studies in any field that is related to, or supportive of, Land Speed Racing (LSR). Scholarships will be awarded to assist candidates in furthering his/her education at an accredited degree-granting institution.
Any graduating high school senior, college, university or trade-tech student may apply for the scholarship, providing that his/her area of study is pursuant with some facet of LSR (i.e. engineering, math, alternative energy, business management, etc). Applicants must also be recommended by an affiliated member of the LSR community.
Please address the application to:
Scholarship Application Committee
P.O. Box 10
Orosi, CA 93647
Along with the application, students must provide:
- High School or College transcripts for the last two years (see application form)
- Three letters of recommendation. One must be from a teacher on school letterhead (6 pages maximum)
- Sponsorship / Recommendation from an affiliated member of the LSR community
- A list of community involvement. The record should include a description of activities in which the applicant has been involved with references
- A letter of acceptance or proof of registration from an established/accredited school, trade or technical institution, college or university starting the fall semester of the 2022-23 academic year
- A grade point average of at least 2.75 for the last two years
Recipients will be determined by November 30, 2023. The winners will be informed via postal mail and will be formally announced in the SCTA publication and at the SCTA Awards Banquet in January 2024.
We are so proud and pleased to announce our 2022 Scholarship Awards recipients. These young students will be an asset to our sport of Land Speed Racing.
As you can see, the recipients come from all over the country and are majoring in a wide variety of subjects. Additionally, each was sponsored by SCTA, BNI, ECTA or USFRA. These scholarships are given to encourage and support more young people into our sport.